Simplified 2D drafting and documentation – AutoCAD LT® 2D CAD software helps you create 2D drawings faster and with more precision. Available for Windows and Mac. Includes the AutoCAD mobile app.
Comprehensive 2D documentation
Produce 2D documentation and drawings with a comprehensive set of drawing, editing, and annotation tools.
Intuitive user interface
Access tools when you need them—contextual ribbon tabs, multifunctional grips, customizable tool palettes, and an intelligent command line.
Get the latest technologies including TrustedDWG™, high-resolution monitor support, migration tools, and the Autodesk desktop app.
Share and use data from PDF and DGN files, Bing Maps, and AutoCAD mobile app.
PDF import enhancements
Use the SHX text recognition tool to quickly convert imported PDF geometry to text and Mtext objects.
External file references
Save time and minimize frustration with simple tools to fix broken paths for externally referenced files.
Freely navigate around your drawing while selecting objects that stay in the selection set, even if you pan or zoom off screen.
Text to Mtext enhancements
With the Combine Text tool, convert combinations of text and Mtext objects to a single Mtext object.
Quick Summary of AutoCAD 2018:
– Xrefs now default to relative path attachment and there are a few associated tweaks including find/replace path
– You can select objects off-screen (handier than it sounds)
– You can select objects with linetypes even when selecting the gaps
– File dialogs remember settings
– A couple more dialogs can be resized
– There are a couple more tiny user interface tweaks
– The stuff from 2017.1 is included, of course
– iDrop support is gone