Autodesk Inc., a world leader in 3D design software for entertainment, natural resources, manufacturing, engineering, construction, and civil infrastructure, announced the release of ReCap 360 Pro 2018 R2. This software helps designers and engineers harness the power of reality capture data with better measurement, enhanced markup, greater collaboration, search and automated registration.
With ReCap 360 Pro, you can experience the increased speed and workflow capabilities for scan and photogrammetry projects. Pro offers a full spectrum of cutting-edge features such as automatic scan registration and photo stitching into 3D models, advanced editing and measurement tools, scan-to-mesh data service, Fly features for UAV/drone photos, and collaborative tools, along with 100 GB of A360 cloud storage. The photo-to-3D web service, users can turn UAV capture projects into orthographic views, 3D point clouds, or photo-textured 3D meshes. It also features alignment of laser scan and photo-based projects into one.
Autodesk ReCap Pro version 188.8.131.52 – Release Notes:
– Fixed issue affecting ReCap 184.108.40.206 where running Save As… with the target named the same as the current project could result in data loss.
– Added support for project transfer from ReCap Pro for mobile.
– Fixed crash on launch related to loading obsolete import component.
– Fixed issue related to the removal of deleted points on Save As… for projects with a user specified coordinate system containing a large translation.
– Improved application stability in registration.
– Added registration status report to help decision making when loading partially registered projects.
– Replaced “automatic registration” with “resume registration” as the primary option when loading partially registered projects.
– Fixed issue related to ignoring data from specified columns in ASCII import.
– Fixed issue related to importing PTX & PTG files exported from 3rd party tools.
– Improved handling of LAS & LAZ files in non-English locals.
– Removed support for PCG import and export.
– Fixed issue where scans removed from the project navigator remained as part of the project when returning to registration.
– Fixed issue related to the default view being set incorrectly for new projects.
– Moved in-app feedback mechanism from 3D View to the application title bar.
– Updated in-app feedback to send users to the product idea station.
– Updated Faro SDK for FLS and LSPROJ file import.
– Improved text and widget layout for languages other than English.
– Updated public link toggle button in sharing dialog.
– Fixed intermittent crash on installations with single user licensing when ReCap was unable to communicate with Autodesk servers due to a poor or lack of internet connection.
– Security improvements.