KATANA offers a highly efficient, collaborative, asset-based approach to look development and lighting that gives you the creative scope and scalability to meet the needs of today’s most demanding visual effects projects.
KATANA’s flexible node-based framework, multi-threaded core engine and tight integration with rendering lets you iterate faster to get great-looking results on high-complexity shots in less time. With extensive API and scripting options, KATANA integrates effortlessly into your existing pipeline, letting you work the way you want with the renderer, shader library and other tools you choose.
– Create and share ‘recipes’ for lighting and looks that can easily be reused across any number of shots, characters or other assets
– Construct custom processing graphs for 3D scenes as easily as you would a compositing script with KATANA’s natural node-based approach
– Scale your pipeline to handle extremely high scene complexity with a multi-threaded core engine and deferred processing
– Choose from a number of industry-leading renderers supported out of the box, or add any renderer for a deeply integrated plug-in
– Customize KATANA to fit your pipeline and processes with extensive public C++ APIs and scripting options