– Create materials with full control and infinite variations.
– Edit complete texture sets instantly and produce Substance textures and MDL materials that will be directly handled in your renderer or game engine.
– Process scans thanks to filters and tools in an adapted to photogrammetry workflow.
– Substance Designer features a complete set of tools and filters including: Crop Tool, Color Equalizer Tool, Extract Channels filters (Multi-angle to Albedo, Multi-angle to Normal, Normal to Height), Smart Patch Clone Tool, Smart Auto Tile Tool.
Import a wide variety of content
– Import procedural sbs and sbsar files, hand-painted images, photographs, scans and geometry (.fbx & .obj). No need to worry about tiling, either – Substance Designer handles it automatically.
Real-Time Physically Based Viewport with Iray Path Tracing
– Use the real-time PBR viewport to preview your work exactly as it appears in Unity and Unreal. Match any other game engine via custom shaders.
– Create photo-realistic renders with Iray path-trace technology while working, embellish your work with Yebis post-production effects, and share portfolio-ready materials directly on ArtStation.
Node-Based Non-Destructive Workflow
– Substance Designer features 4 graphs types: Tiling textures, MDL materials, Math Functions and Noise Editor. Edit complete texture sets instantly with the procedural node-based non-linear workflow. Want to change something while you’re working? Make changes to any previous step while keeping your current work intact.
Powerful generators, tools and filters
– Combine a large number of pre-set filters and tools for Procedural and Hybrid Workflows.
– Access and modify the sources of all filters.
Integrated Full-Featured Bakers
– Bake quickly and easily with a complete set of bakers. Create non-uniform (non-square) bakes up to 8K resolution with Substance Designer.
– The bakers include: AO, normal, ID, height, curvature, position, polypaint, Bent Normals, Color Map, UV to SVG, Opacity Mask, Thickness, Transfered Texture, World Space Direction, World Space Normals.