Don’t waste your time re-rigging already rigged characters anymore! Quick Rig turns rapidly any skeleton + mesh into a full Auto-Rig Pro armature with controllers ready for animation, including weights preservation, IK-FK generation… Built to support the vast majority of character skeletons, even non-standard bones axes. Features:
– Import and export custom mapping preset files
– Built-in mapping presets: Realillusion Character Creator/ Character Creator +, Unreal Mannequin
– Auto-detection of the selected bone type for quick limb setup
Supports the following limbs:
– Spine: from 2 to 6 spine bones
– Head: neck (optional), head bone. Up to 10 neck bones.
– Leg: thigh, calf, foot, toes bone. With optional twist bones and “3 bones leg” settings for extra thigh bones, for quadrupedal creatures
– Arm: shoulder (optional), arm, forearm, hand and finger bones (optional). With optional twist bones. 3 or 4 phalanges per finger (with or without metacarps).
– Orphan bones support: even bones that are not part of the standard limbs definition (facial bones, unusual twist and tweak bones, bones for clothes and props…) are inserted in the rig hierarchy automatically, to ensure *all* bones are included in the final rig properly.
– Custom shape drawing options for orphan bones.
– Automatic leg and arm angle correction if bones are perfectly straight, to avoid IK direction issues
– Neck with optional automatic twist rotation
– Weight Overrides: If the skeleton is special, use weight overrides to ensure to set correct skinning weight matches, by manually setting the correct bone weight for a given bone.
Although the tool is quite complete, some limitations apply that may be lifted in future versions:
– 2 twist bones max supported for arms and legs(4 in total, 2 arm + 2 forearm)
– Multiple heads or multiple spines not yet supported
– Facial head bones not yet supported as Auto-Rig Pro facial bones, however they’re supported as default controllers for now
IMPORTANT: Quick Rig is an extension for the Auto-Rig Pro addon, it means Auto-Rig Pro is required to be installed first. The latest version must be installed for compatibility purposes.
What’s New :
Updates: official site does not provide any info about changes in this version.